Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Pryceless Music (insomniacjones.com)

http://insomniacjones.com/2010/12/01/pryceless-music-is-the-movement/


Indie Artist Pryce

PRYCELESS MUSIC DROPS ON CHRISTMAS DAY
Pryce
It’s about me, the people I love, and the people I have love for. It explains what I’ve gone through in the past, what I’m going through right now, and the life that I aspire to live.
Born and raised in the midwest, Fort Wayne, Indiana to be exact, Pryce (pronounced  “price”) Underwood, whose rap name is also Pryce, begins his official emergence onto the music scene with the upcoming release of his debut mixtape “Pryceless Music”.  Pryce is most well-known by his peers for the talent he once showed on the basketball court.  Others speak of his very conscious style of fashion and his educational pursuit of living the good life.  However, as of late, Pryce has been dedicating his time and energy to the development of his sound and image as a brand new recording artist.
With the release of “Pryceless Music”, Pryce hopes that listeners recognize his honesty and the hard work he invested in his first project.  In the end, he hopes to earn the respect of his city and also surrounding cities as he continues to grind and represent the Midwest.  The mixtape is expected to release Christmas Night of this year following a few mixtape leaks and some additional mixtape release promotion.  As DJ Rello ( @DJRello ), a DJ on the rise from Fort Wayne, is currently putting the finishing touches on the project, I was given a sneak listen of “Pryceless Music” and I must say, categorizing the sound of his music overall was a rather complex task.  With production from producers HighVolumez ( @HighVolumeZ ), C.A.M ( @CamMadeDaBeat ) , and JRELZ ( @JRELZEXCLUSIVE ), the opening track ‘Coach Put Me In’ to the last record ‘I Do It’, Pryce touches on his experiences with the let down of basketball career into his new found passion of expressing himself lyrically.  Each track tells a story the average person aspiring to be great can relate to.  A favorite line of mine comes from his intro that sums up what started his journey to becoming the artist he is today.
Song Title: Coach Put Me In
     “When Tom Crean cut me, I lost my devotion.  I’m a different n*gga now, I barely got emotions.”
I had time to chop it up a little with Pryce to get some more insight on the mixtape, this is what he thinks:
I think a lot of people… well people who “know” me, will want to hear the mixtape for the simple fact that they can’t imagine me rapping and actually taking  music serious.
I will be the first to say this mixtape is a success.  For the record, I do not endorse bullshit.  Thus, look at the content of my previous posts.  I truly believe in his hustle and ambitions.  As a result, I feel that once you hear it you will too, or at least begin to.  BIG ANNOUNCEMENT NEXT WEEK!!  Expect his first leak to drop on Facebook and Twitter by next week!
 Follow Pryce On Twitter: @Pryceless_Music   Facebook: Pryceless Music Page
“Live. CREATE. Inspire.”

Jimmie Lee
Be the first to like this post.


Jimmie Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment